jasonjm

Premium Member
Model Number
LMXS30776
Brand
LG
Any hints or ideas?

1) the tray fills with water fine
2) the test button works fine, the ice falls out just fine when the tray motor flips it upside down, and there are no ice cubes stuck in tray afterwards
3) the water filter was not recently replaced, this problem just started randomly
4) the freezer is set to -4f and i have waited 48 hrs after reset button

pretty annoying, its like the sensor doesn't detect there is no ice, so it never emptys the tray.

is the sensor broken or the circuit board that controls the sensor faulty? would anyone have any idea of part numbers to those?

thx

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

jasonjm

Premium Member
thx for the manual. I did the sensor test. it says empty. so the sensor is not faulty.

still not making ice.

just trying a power reset, give that 6 hours, if that doesnt work im going to remove the ice tray assembly and clean it.

if that doesnt work then im out of ideas

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If all else fails, then the ice maker itself is the problem.

LG and Samsung are known for bad ice makers.

Jake

jasonjm

Premium Member
ah well i pulled out the ice maker, got frustrated and probably really broke it.

i guess i need to buy a whole new icemaker machine piece.

jasonjm

Premium Member
i dont suppose anyone would know what the part or link is to replace the entire icemaker? Google is not helping, my searches come up with pieces of the icemaker but not the entire thing.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I posted it above Jason in post #2.:)

Do you see it?

Jake

jasonjm

Premium Member
Thx, i did after you posted and ordered the part. replaced the part. same issue, except now my refrigerator isnt very cold at all (before i replaced the part). freezer is cold, refrigerator is not.

so something larger is going on.

dunno why i spent so much money on this piece of junk. this thing is always breaking and LG support is a useless money making scam.

is there any brand / model of refrigerator that just works without all this breaking, like in the old days?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
is there any brand / model of refrigerator that just works without all this breaking, like in the old days?
Yes, I own a Whirlpool refrigerator, I bought it when I moved to Arizona in March of 2014 and it works great, no ice makers problems at all.

In Oregon I owned a Admiral made by Maytag and I bought it in 1999 and it was still running the day I moved to Arizona in 2014, the new buyers wanted to keep it.:)

The ice maker in that one never had a problem at all the whole 15 years I owned it.

I always recommend Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, and Amana. Those are the best most reliable refrigerators with ice makers on the market today.

Jake