• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LG front load washer WM3370HWA won't fill. Eventually shows OE error.

Wiz_222

Premium Member
Model Number
WM3370HWA
Brand
LG
  1. Turn on washer
  2. Select cycle
  3. Press Start
  4. The washer makes a grring or grinding sound. Do not hear water sounds.
  5. Eventually, it shows OE on display.
What I've done
  1. I unplugged and plugged it back in. No difference. (Hey it was worth a shot!)
  2. Used the LG ThinQ app to run diagnostics. No issues found. (Shocker, BTW this is the non-wifi version that plays a sound for the phone to listen to.)
  3. Search the forums for fill as well as OE. Didn't find a post that matches exactly. I did find one where someone has a washer that goes through the cycle without the benefit of using water.
Assuming there must be a valve that isn't opening. Haven't looked for it yet.

Wiz_222

Premium Member
Update, after watching a couple of videos, I popped the top and tried again. I hear a grumbling or almost grinding sound from below the drum. I tested continuity across each of the terminals for the valves, they were pretty much the same on each. I tested for voltage on the plugs but didn't seem to have any. Is there a transformer in the system that regulates the voltage and ac/dc to the valves?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Error Code OE=Drain Error. Is there water in the tub right now that won't drain? Because it can't fill if there is already water in the tub.

If you're getting an OE error code and you can drain ALL the water out through the bottom rubber hose and filter screen is clean, your drain pump has gone bad and will need to be replaced, or you have a foreign object in the drain pump impeller binding it up from turning.

Here's the drain pump for your model:
Drain Pump 4681EA2001T

Watch this video to access it: https://www.repairclinic.com/Repair...more-Front-Load-Washer-Pump-Motor-4681EA1007G

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Wiz_222

Premium Member
FIXED!!! The new pump fixed the issue. Notes: when I took it apart and tried to drain the tub, nothing came out of the drain hose. It was completely blocked by what looked like tiny black particles. Not sure if that was the pump disintegrating or what caused the pump to fail.

BTW I joined this site back when there was a membership fee. That was one of the single best purchases I ever made. Thank you again Jake!!!!

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Wiz, glad to hear the drain pump fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

BTW I joined this site back when there was a membership fee. That was one of the single best purchases I ever made.
Thanks!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.