• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LG Gas Dryer DLG2526W Has No Heat

Airforce

Premium Member
Model Number
DLG2526W
Brand
LG
Hello,first post here. So,our LG gas dryer runs,but,it does not heat.History. Last year,clothes were not drying very well,so,I took the front part of the dryer off. There was a lot of lint in and around the blower which I cleaned with compressed air and a vacuum.Air blows great thru lint tube,no obstructions.Put it together and it worked great until now,a year later.

Took the front cover off to check for lint.There was very little compared to last year,but,I cleaned it up and checked lint tube for obstructions.All good.I read where there is a reset switch(small black button between 2 wires) that sometimes need to be reset.I pushed it in to reset although it did not need to be reset.Put it all together and started dryer.Still no heat. Running,there is a constant orange glow,but,the gas never fires up.The constant glow means the igniter is good,correct??? Bad gas valve???

I do not want to randomly replace parts.I am not very familiar with parts of a dryer.I do know where and what the igniter and gas valve looks like,but,thats about it. Any help is appreciated.

John

Airforce

Premium Member
Just doing some research on where to get parts. Should I stay away from Amazon or Ebay where the parts are not LG? For example,an LG igniter for this model is $47.64 online from Appliancepartspros. Ebay and Amazon have them for $17-22. Is there any difference in parts quality? Should I stay away from Ebay and Amazon? Are they that inferior or is the LG igniter marked up high due to the brand name?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, usually the problem would be the gas coils for this problem you are having, I've been out on many service calls and the gas coils always fixes it, but unfortunately the gas coils don't come separately on your LG model, like Whirlpool ones do.

Should I stay away from Amazon or Ebay.
Yes, by all means, too many problems with parts from them.:)

When you order parts from AppliancePartsPros and RepairClinic, you have 365 days to return the part/parts(even electrical parts) for a full refund, less shipping, for any reason, even if you install the part/parts and it doesn't fix the problem.

Here's the gas valve assembly for your model you can order(Video Included):
5221EL2002A Gas Burner Valve Assembly

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Airforce

Premium Member
Jake,thanks for responding. Repair Clinic has a video on the flame sensor saying that if the igniter glows all the time and does not shut off(our dryer is going this) ,the flame sensor is bad.I am thinking I should change the flame sensor and the igniter(due to its age and all the heating cycles).Video said the sensor can allow the igniter to glow,but,can short out stopping voltage from reaching the gas valve.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I was thinking you said it heated on the first cycle, then no heat after that and the igniter was just glowing there after, sorry my bad.

Yes, You will want to ohm test the flame sensor first, usually when the igniter glows continuously and the gas doesn't start coming out to light the flame, that indicates the flame sensor may be bad.

Here's the flame sensor for your model you can order if needed:
Flame Sensor 6501EL3001A

Here's how to ohm test it(UNPLUG THE DRYER FIRST):

[video=youtube_share;BHDFeNrZ98U]https://youtu.be/BHDFeNrZ98U[/video]

Jake

Airforce

Premium Member
Thanks Jake,I ordered the flame sensor and the igniter from Appliance parts pro.I will update when parts arrive.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok John, sounds good.:)

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Airforce

Premium Member
Jake,I replaced both the flame sensor and the igniter.Dryer is working with heat again.The old flame sensor when tested with a ohm meter showed no reading. The old igniter when tested would only show a high number of 288 ohms and nothing lower. The new igniter would have numbers jumping around. I am guessing the old igniter with a high only reading is why the igniter would glow and stay on???

Thanks for your help Jake.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I am guessing the old igniter with a high only reading is why the igniter would glow and stay on???
Yes, correct.:)

I replaced both the flame sensor and the igniter.Dryer is working with heat again.
Glad to hear the new flame sensor and new igniter fixed it.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake