• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG LD2131SH Dishwasher IE error

rastapz

Premium Member
Model Number
LD2131SH
Brand
LG
Good day. I'm in need of some help with a very puzzling situation. I have an LG dishwasher that won't spray water. At first the dishes were never clean after a wash then later it would just run for 5mins (filling up with water) before displaying the IE error.

The 1st thing I checked was the circulation motor's impeller assembly to make sure it wasn't seized by any food particles that would prevent it from turning freely and also checked for leaks. All clear. I took the motor out and connected it directly and it runs perfectly in both directions.

The problem comes when I reattach the motor back to the machine. All it does is hums but dosent turn. I also checked the leads from the machine that feed the motor and they all have 220VAC on them so I'm really puzzled as to why the motor stops working only when it is connected to the dishwasher. Could it be the motor or actually something else that is causing this problem?
Please help. Thank you in advance.
( please find attached the motor specs)

Attachments

• 20210815_175745.jpg
    20210815_175745.jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 30

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, as much as we would love to help you, we can't, your European model is completely different than the USA models.

Try a European forum called UK Whitegoods.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
(y)