LG LDF6920 PF Error power failure - consistently halts mid-way through cycle

tustinfarm

Premium Member
Model Number
LDF6920ST
Brand
LG
My LG LDF6920 dishwasher goes through the wash portion of the cycle normally, including the filling, soap door release, and circulation. Then at the point where there are around 72 minutes remaining, it fully drains and shuts itself off. Turning power back on gets the "PF" error (power failure). Try to resume the cycle and eventually the same thing happens. I can usually get a "rinse only cycle" to complete, although the last time I tried it drained and powered off with 2 minutes remaining on the display. Sometimes I have noticed that after a premature shutdown the power button work for a couple of minutes... thermal overheat shutdown (?).

I downloaded the service manual and went through all of the diagnostic button presses - all functions seemed normal, although I am not sure how to interpret the 62 reading for the soil sensor, and the dispenser test did not flip the soap door open (even though it opens fine during a regular cycle. The "auto off" test (13th press of the time button) does fully shut things off too, which I assume is the normal response.

Any ideas?

josgre

Did you ever figure out what the problem with your dishwasher was? I’m having the exact same problem on my LG.

tustinfarm

Premium Member
Did you ever figure out what the problem with your dishwasher was? I’m having the exact same problem on my LG.
Never did figure out what was wrong, and it eventually FULLY died, with no more response to pressing any of the buttons. I did have an appliance company come out and they took it apart enough to verify that power was still getting to the main board, and said only option they could try would be to replace the main board, but could not guarantee that would be a "cure" (for part cost + $150 installation fee). Then they called me a few days later to say that they were unable to obtain a new board. Have been manually washing dishes in the meantime while I debate whether to buy a board myself (I believe they ARE available online) and give it a try, or just buy a new appliance (more likely).

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi tustinfarm,

Sorry, we must of missed your thread last November.

That main control board for your model still looks to be out-of-stock:
Main Control Board 6871DD1006Q

I'd suggest buying a new dishwasher. I recommend Maytag dishwashers, that's what I own myself, and not a single problem with it at all since I bought it new in March 2014. Parts are easier to get for it too if you ever need them.

Jake