• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LG LDG3036ST dual gas oven not getting to temperature

shega

Premium Member
Model Number
LDG3036ST
Brand
LG
Our oven will not get up to temp. It gets to 200 or so.

Never saw an error code for any of this, just noticed it wasn't heating.

So far:
replaced igniter (bottom oven)
replaced temp sensor (top and bottom)

No change from either fix.

I replaced only the bottom igniter to see if it would do anything at all. It didn't. Saved the second igniter in new condition to return just in case.

I noticed this when the top oven wouldn't get to temperature, and then noticed the bottom oven wouldn't either.

Very frustrating, especially after ordering all the parts above (one for each oven).

Anyone care to think this through with me?

shega

Premium Member
Well, i replaced both temp sensors, nothing.
Then I replaced lower igniter. nothing.
Then i switched off the circuit breaker for 1 minute and then back on. Fixed.

I do think that either the temp sensors or the igniter were involved, but then again, I will never know. $120 in parts which I may not have needed. But now my oven has new parts, and all for less than the cost of a single repair visit, AND I got to explore the inside of my oven, which educated me.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then i switched off the circuit breaker for 1 minute and then back on. Fixed.
That's very strange, I've not seen or heard of anyone doing that before to fix this problem, hopefully that wasn't just a fluke and it keeps working good for you now.(y)

Sorry we were not able to reply sooner, our other tech Rick has been sick since last Wednesday and I'm having a hell of a time keeping up without him.:(

Jake

everyday156

Premium Member
Our oven will not get up to temp. It gets to 200 or so.

Never saw an error code for any of this, just noticed it wasn't heating.

So far:
replaced igniter (bottom oven)
replaced temp sensor (top and bottom)

No change from either fix.

I replaced only the bottom igniter to see if it would do anything at all. It didn't. Saved the second igniter in new condition to return just in case.

I noticed this when the top oven wouldn't get to temperature, and then noticed the bottom oven wouldn't either.

Very frustrating, especially after ordering all the parts above (one for each oven).

Anyone care to think this through with me?
hi is your range on natural gas or lp. I bought the same model a while back and converted it to lp but now want to go back to natural. I have all the orifices but I misplaced the paper showing me where they each go. Contacted LG and no help. nothing online regarding my model. I need to get it up and running. I was wondering if you still had your paper.