LG LFX23965SB not cooling, fan not running, lights come on

jaydee77ca

Premium Member
Model Number
LFX23965SB
Brand
LG
Hello,

Our LG LFX23965SB french door refrigerator has stopped cooling. The fan does not come on at all and the fridge, freezer, and ice maker are not cold. The light comes on when we open the doors. It is 9 years old. I'm trying to figure out what the problem is, what the repair cost might be, whether I could do the repair myself, or whether we should just buy a new refrigerator. Would anyone be able to help? Is there some diagnostics I could do myself to determine the problem?

Thanks very much in advance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I wasn't able to pull up your model number, some Canadian models are like that here in the USA.

It would be more wise to buy a new refrigerator, say it is a control board problem and you buy a new control board then 9 months later the compressor goes out, control board=$200-$300+compressor=$700-$800 that's already enough money for a new refrigerator.

The average life of refrigerators is only 8-12 years now, the good old days of 20-30 years are long gone unfortunately.

Jake

jaydee77ca

Premium Member
Thank you very much Jake for the useful insight! We shall look for a replacement. I appreciate your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Jake