• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG LFX28968ST/06 fridge that is 3 years old not cooling? New FF and start relay

karma123

Model Number
LFX28968ST
Brand
LG
I have a LG LFX28968ST/06 three door refrigerator that has stopped cooling. The compressor did not seem to be kicking on so I changed the start relay. This brought the compressor on but the freezer was still warm. The error code on the display plan came up as FF (freezer fan) which I replaced. I also cleaned out the coils as best as I could in the back. Now both the freezer and fridge will not get below 50 degrees. The freezer fan, compressor and fan that blows on the coils in the back all are working. Does anyone have any ideas? Repairmen in my area charge $150 just to diagnose then extra for work to be done.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
This brought the compressor on but the freezer was still warm.
Check the frost pattern on the evaporator coils in the freezer. You want to see a very light coat of white frost on all the coils top to bottom. No ice or snow. What it comes down to is, if the fans and compressor are working and there's no cooling, there's a problem with the sealed system. Since you changed the start device to get the compressor to run, my guess is the compressor is shot.