• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG LFX31945ST/02 Refrigerator not cooling.

Riccahet

Model Number
LFX31945ST/02
Brand
LG
hello there!

I have an LG LFX31945ST/02 with the fridge sitting around 54 degrees F. The freezer is working fine.
So, I am a layman when it comes to refrigerators but I do a mean google search.

I watched a few videos and read a few posts and was able to do the following:
I opened up the panel to the PCB Board and pressed the diagnostic button once and checked that air was blowing through both vents Fridge and Freezer. CHECK
Pressed the button again and saw that air was blowing through the fridge. CHECK
Pressed a third time, fans stopped and did not hear any defrosting happening probably cause fridge hasent been working for a few days now.
Unplug the unit and plugged it back in.
Compressor and freon are fine because I had my handyman come and look that over. fan next to coils is running.
Have no error codes on the front display and see no blinking lights on the PCB board.

So now what?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did the handyman actually remove the evaporator cover in the refrigerator section and look at the evaporator coil frost pattern?

If the refrigerator evaporator fan motor is running and the freezer is good, then it is probably the 3-way valve that controls the refrigerant to the refrigerator evaporator is not working and not allowing a frost pattern on it to cool the refrigerator section.

Watch this video below, he shows you how to remove the refrigerator evaporator cover, you can disregard him replacing the defrost sensor, I'm just posting the video to show you how to get access to the refrigerator evaporator.

Jake