FIXED LG LFXC24796D: Ice maker fills when water dispenser runs

Old_biscuit

Premium Member
Model Number
LFXC24796
Brand
LG
I have a problem that's cropped up with my LFXC24796D. When using the water dispenser after a minute water will pour out of the bottom of the door. I found that the water fill for the ice maker is running at the same time as the front water dispenser. Has anyone seen this happen? I was thinking perhaps there is an issue with the solenoid module.

Thank you,
Rich

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Rich,

I've never run into this problem before, but this model has two water inlet valves, so I'd say there could be something wrong with either one, I'd be more likely to say the one in the door is more likely the culprit, because that one supplies both your water dispenser and ice maker water.

One is in the very back of your refrigerator: AJU72992603 Valve Assembly,water

And the other one looks like its in your left refrigerator door: Water Inlet Valve AJU74532703

That one I'm not sure how you get to it.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UnGloN0cKDJHh88U4ypfiQt5XJzHNHw0 Its on page 118 where it says DOOR PARTS.

Jake

Old_biscuit

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Thank you for replying so quickly! That was exactly the part I had in mind as being the problem. I went ahead and ordered it and should have it soon. Once I get it put in I'll come back with the good or bad news. This site has helped me more than once in the past so it's nice to see confirmed solutions. :)

Thanks again,
Rich

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good Rich.:)

Yes, let us know how it goes.

Jake

Old_biscuit

Premium Member
Jake,

The part arrived, I swapped it out, and now everything is working like normal! Easy part to replace too. Two screws and three water lines. I did have to cut one water line that refused to come out of the quick release. Other than that, no problems.

Thank you again for the help!
Rich

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Rich, good job, glad to hear your back in business.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake