LG LFXS30726S E IF error - blower motor frozen

Licious

Model Number
LFXS30726S
Brand
LG
My fridge has recently started giving me this error. Looking it up, it says the ice blower motor is freezing up and the only way to fix this is to defrost the fridge. I did that 2 weeks ago but it is happening again. I called them and they wanted to send out a tech to look at it at a crazy $. The fridge and freezer are working and cooling properly. The ice maker isn't working because it's not being frozen due to the blower motor fan freezing up. I don't know how to prevent it. The manual says that the fridge might not be properly level but I checked and it is. Has anyone had this same issue and found a way to fix it?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
E IF- Ice fan error. On the main control board pust the test button one time. Open the door and check the air flow through the round vent on the side.
Snapshot_1.jpg

If there's no air flow check for 8-12 VDC on the main board CONN7-3 (red) to CONN7-5 (blue). If the voltage is 0V replace the board. Then check the voltage between CONN7-1 (yel/blk) and CONN7-5 (blue). If the voltage is 0V or 5V replace the fan motor.
Snapshot_2.jpg