• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

FIXED LG LMV1683ST Microwave with multiple symptons

Chrm421

Premium Member
Model Number
LMV1683ST
Brand
LG
Hey guys,

Have a microwave that is having multiple issues. I've searched the internet for answers but my problem is for multiple symptoms.

At first the unit would work normally for 1-2 minutes then the heat,turntable,light would all turn off for about 5 seconds then back on and work normally for another minute or so and then repeat problem. However the exhaust fan would work normally the entire time. Now the unit will not heat,turn,or light come on at all. Light wont even turn on with door open. The only parts I've replaced is the entire door switch assembly and also plugged unit into a different outlet but same problems.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :D

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I'm assuming the problem started before you replaced the door switch assembly. The power cord connects to a noise filter (circuit board) that has a ceramic 20 amp fuse on it. Check the fuse for continuity. Follow the white wire from the noise filter and it connects to the oven thermostat. Check that for continuity also. Follow the black wire from the noise filter and it also connects to a thermostat. Check for continuity.
Line Fuse 3B74133Q Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
Line-Fuse-3B74133Q--01682311.jpg

High Limit Thermostat 6930W1A003E Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
High-Limit-Thermostat-6930W1A003E--01045925.jpg

Chrm421

Premium Member
Thanks for the quick reply Rick!

I checked the continuity on both thermostats and fuse. All seem to be fine.

Chrm421

Premium Member
I'd like to thank rickgburton! It was the control board! I appreciate the time you took to respond to my problem. You saved me a decent amount of cash and I am forever grateful!