• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG LMXS27626S/01 Ice Maker Not Working

dskul

Model Number
LMSX27626S
Brand
LG
Hi All - I sure hope I can get some help with my situation since the technical support at LG SUCKS. I have an LG LMSX626S/01 French Door Refrigerator. Shockingly, after 2 1/2 years of use and just out of warranty, the ice maker stopped working. The part number for the ice maker is AEQ73110210. I have replaced the ice maker with a brand new factory LG ice maker. I installed it and: nothing. I've tried resetting it with the reset button; unplugging the refrigerator, waiting 20+ seconds and re-plugging it in; I took the newly installed ice maker back out and reinstalled it to make sure all the connections were solid and still nothing. I can't even get the tray to move. This is the same way the original ice maker was behaving as well which makes me think that there may be another problem here than the ice maker itself. A couple more details that may need to known: the freezer temperature is set to 0 degrees; the water dispenser is working; I don't see an error code on the screen. I'd really hate to have to call a technician and spend a couple hundred bucks for him to press some button that I don't know about and solve the problem. Any ideas out there? I would really appreciate any help I could get.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member