• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG LMXS30776S/00 - 30 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator - Ice maker issue

jlynch6

Model Number
LMXS30776S/00
Brand
LG
Hey Everyone....Anyone?

I'm looking for a diagnostic assist here. I have an LG 30 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator (model - LMXS30776S/00). A few weeks back it was dripping water from the lower door. Eventually, both the refrigerator and freezer thawed. After many calls with LG customer service and two repair calls with a tech, they diagnosed a bad compressor. On the first call, they replaced the compressor and drier. On the second call they replaced the condenser and evaporator (fresh food).

Currently, the refrigerator is cooling and the freezer is freezing. BUT now the ice maker is not freezing. The ice maker is on and getting water. I've reset/tested the ice maker – it works. Looks like there is a system that routes cold air from the freezer to the ice maker to freeze the water into ice. So, I opened the refrigerator door and used a magnet to simulate a closed door to see if there was air flow from the vents that move freezer air into the ice maker – No airflow. So, could cold air not getting to the ice maker be the issue?

Questions....Is there a fan that pulls air into the ice maker? OR Would this be an issue with a freezer fan (evaporator fan) that pushes the air? Can food in the freezer still stay frozen if the freezer fan is malfunctioning?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Jason

Currently replaced parts:
TCA38151706 Compressor,Set Assembly
ADH73150208 Drier Assembly
ACG73645004 Condenser Assembly,Wire
ADL74221802 Evaporator Assembly

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.