• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG LMXS30776S - Not Cooling - PCB Board out of stock?

sammyloski

Premium Member
Model Number
LMXS30776S
Brand
LG
Hello guys, I have the above mentioned LG and it stopped cooling. Compressor kicks in, all fans kick in, did not find any leaks or trouble with capacitor or compressor. I had a repairman come and had him look over all of this, he put it in test mode, and air was blowing inside freezer and refrigerator. But still not cooling... The compressor does not get warm at all, and the lines dont get cold, they get slightly cool (not sure if they are supposed to get cold and sweat) The tech put nitrogen to test for leaks and then proceeded to add the correct amount of refigerant.

After reading some posts on here by Jake (https://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/threads/63841-LMXS30776S-02-refrigerator-not-cooling-New-evap-fan-motor-part-included) I got in in test mode, the freezer had nice air flow, but the voltage was low. I checked the Fan Motor voltage in CON6 - 3rd and 5th pin and got about 3.14 volts (much lower thatn the 8-14v) Making me think the board needs replacing, but then again not sure if my problem requires that test or if the fan motor voltage maters and will get everything cooling again... MY PCB part number is EBR78643414, different from the stickied thread.

Any help would be appreciated, Im not an appliance tech, but do have some a multimeter and can check most things... I contacted a few places and told me by board was in backorder. As I type this, another company reached out to me and said 10 days

Thank you,
Sammy

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Sammy,

Is your refrigerator still under 1 yr. old in warranty?

The compressor is running or not running?

Jake

sammyloski

Premium Member
Hi Jake, the refrigerator is from 2015 i believe, but when I called LG it was out of warranty. They did say I can have a LG tech come out for a fee to schedule and labor and any parts not covered under warranty. Since it was a bit out of budget I called a local guy to check it out. Do you have any tests you can recommend? I ordered the PCB since its in backorder everywhere just in case. Its estimated to get here on 9/12.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Compressor kicks in, all fans kick in, did not find any leaks or trouble with capacitor or compressor. I had a repairman come and had him look over all of this, he put it in test mode, and air was blowing inside freezer and refrigerator. But still not cooling... The compressor does not get warm at all, and the lines dont get cold, they get slightly cool (not sure if they are supposed to get cold and sweat) The tech put nitrogen to test for leaks and then proceeded to add the correct amount of refrigerant.
It sounds like you have a sealed system problem and a new board will not fix that.

Did the tech. say your compressor is running? Put your hand on top of it and feel if its vibrating.

On this model you have 7 years parts warranty on the sealed system, and 10 years on the compressor. But labor is not covered.

Jake

sammyloski

Premium Member
Oh I see, I will call LG and ask for a tech. Is it voided if the tech I hired already went into the system?? The compressor is running, but it never gets warm.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Is it voided if the tech I hired already went into the system??
Yes, because it has to be a authorized LG tech.

The compressor is running, but it never gets warm.
If the compressor is running and there is no frost on the evaporator coils there's a sealed system problem. The sealed system consists of the compressor, condenser, evaporator, heat exchanger, filter/drier and refrigerant. Common problems with a sealed system are bad compressors, refrigerant leaks, and system restrictions. Sealed system repair costs will often exceed the machines value.

Jake