LG LMXS30796S/00 Refrigerator not cooling- Fans only come on in test Mode-

Tim From Lakeland

Premium Member
Model Number
LMXS30796S
Brand
LG
What's up guys? I have a LMXS30796S that is about 1.5years old. Came home to find everything in the freezer had melted and the refrigerator not to temp. The compressor starts up and runs and seems to cycle however the fans ( all the fans on the inside ) are not working ( the condenser/compressor fan is) . So I unplug the unit for 5 minutes then press the test mode button on the back circuit board ( 1 time ) and then all the fans fire up and run perfect. After the test mode turns off ( about 5 minutes later) the compressor continues to cycle but the fans stay off. I'm thinking it is the control board but don't want to start just throwing parts at it.

Also it seems there are 3 different test modes does anyone know what each one is?

Can anyone help with this one?? Thanks for your time. Tim

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Tim From Lakeland

Premium Member
Rick thanks for the reply and the info on the test modes. Is the control board a common problem with these? Do the replacment ones last any longer then the original factory ones?

Thanks

rickgburton

Staff member
Is the control board a common problem with these? Do the replacment ones last any longer...
Yes, and I don't know if they last longer or not. It's an LG so I doubt it.......lol

Tim From Lakeland

Premium Member
Thanks for your help on this. So I went ahead and placed the order for a new one and will let you the results. So it seems like if this is the problem that the issue would be with the software programming on the board or do you think it has to do with an component on the circuit board?

Does LG offer or do updates to there boards via internet Because I do know that it was connected to the internet?

Thanks Tim

rickgburton

Staff member
I've never heard of LG updating anything over the internet. They'll sell you a new board with any updates and that's about it.

Tim From Lakeland

Premium Member
okay just wasn't sure - I know My Denon home receiver and sharp TV occasionally request firmware/software updates and I know that this Refrigerator has smart ThinQ and Smart Diagnosis so wasn't sure if they where able to maybe login to it remotely and flash it with newer firmware ( like the cable company does with your cable box ) or not. If its not like that i'm sure someday it will be. Thanks again.

rickgburton

Staff member
I've never inquired about it. Maybe it might be worth a phone call to LG customer service.