• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG LRE30453ST/01 Heating Issues

SMCurrie

Premium Member
Model Number
LRE30453ST
Brand
LG
I am having oven heating issues with my 9+ year old LG Oven. Several months ago, the oven had an over heating issue in June 2017.

This was fixed on a recall from LG and the technician replaced parts EBG61305801 (thermistor) and 6871W1N012B (PWB(PCB) Assy, Sub) lower Relay. The oven worked fine until early December when the oven will not properly heat and has faulted out with F-7 error code.

I can get the oven to heat now, but extremely slow, and will not heat past 280 deg. (and this takes +30 minutes). I tested both elements and they are fine. I replaced the lower element just as a precaution and also installed another new oven sensor (thermistor) as the latest one appeared to be bad. I would also note that if I turn on the Broiler, it will not stay on, and shuts itself off.

Could the lower control board have failed already? and is there a way I can test it? Or does this seem like it is the main (upper PCB) control board?

Any advice/guidance is appreciated!
One other item...I was able to run a Cleaning cycle.

Shawn

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
F7=MAIN OVEN HEATING ERROR

Thanks bigbuck for the service manual.:)

SMCurrie: Read page 7 and you will see what it tells you to check for that F7 error code.

If you notice the last line says: IF YOU COULDN'T FIND ANY PROBLEM, REPLACE CONTROL PCB.

Here's the parts diagram for your model: Parts for LG LRE30453ST: Controller Parts

Here's the control PCB for your model:
EBR74632605 Pcb Assy

Jake

SMCurrie

Premium Member
Thanks both Jake and bigbuck. I will double check to ensure no other problems exist and order the PCB. I will report back once installed.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Jake