• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG LRE6325ST OVEN AND RANGE QUIT AFTER SELF CLEAN

tinkering

Premium Member
Model Number
LRE6325S
Brand
LG
After a self cleaning cycle both the oven and the range stopped working. There are PF codes all over the control panel. The clock has digits but none of the buttons work on the panel. After the self clean cycle, the door stayed locked for a week. She tried 'resetting' by switching the breaker off and on at the service panel.
I am hoping it is dirty ribbon connections, or Maybe the thermal fuse?
What can you tell me?
Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Could a blown thermal fuse still allow the door to unlock, or the PF lights to pop up all over the dash?
Possibly, but not likely. Seems you may have multiple problems going on now, check the thermal fuse and ribbon cable for the touchpad buttons. The excessive HEAT may have also damaged your display/control board, THUS the PF.

I advise my customers to ONLY self-clean with ALL THE WINDOWS OPEN in the kitchen on very cold mornings, you will want the kitchen very cold inside, because the oven heats up to 900 degrees when you are running the self-clean cycle.

Slide the range out, Then UNPLUG IT, then remove the back panel. Check the thermal fuse for continuity.

The thermal fuse is #5016 in your parts diagram:
(click to enlarge)
F0903017-00005.jpg

Watch this video to ohm test it for continuity:

Here's the thermal fuse for your model:
Thermal Fuse 6930W1A003X

I couldn't locate the touchpad assembly for your model that has the ribbon cable. This is a Canadian model and its difficult to find parts online for this range. The thermal fuse was easy to locate, because that's a common part that goes out.

Jake

tinkering

Premium Member
Thank you lots.
That's what I suspected as far as the thermal fuse is concerned, "possibly but not likely", now you have affirmed that, thanks.
Jake, your friendly and authoritve help is again much appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, #5503 is the oven relay board support. #5070 is the oven relay board. No it's not the same as the motherboard, I don't have a photo for that because yours in a Canadian model and I can't locate it.

You can go to your local appliance parts store and they will possibly have it.

Jake

tinkering

Premium Member
Do you do dishwashers too? Here's a thread I started on a DW. I can't find much info on it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sorry, I know nothing about Blomberg dishwashers.

Jake