• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LG LRSC26923TT - Ice Maker Woes

sealove67

Premium Member
Model Number
LRSC26923TT
Brand
LG
The ice maker is working properly, though ice does not dispense. I've gone through all the troubleshooting tips and from what I can tell it is because the ice bucket does not sit on the motor properly. If I insert the bucket and make sure it is all the back, ice will dispense one time. However, after that you can hear the motor running but nothing happens. When I open the freezer door, the bucket had slipped forward, which is why I assume it is not seating properly. Any ideas? Thanks! Chey

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The ice bucket locks into place when it's installed correctly. You usually need to squeeze a latch or lift the ice bucket to get it out. It sounds like whatever locks it in place is broken. Does it make any noise?

sealove67

Premium Member
The ice bucket locks into place when it's installed correctly. You usually need to squeeze a latch or lift the ice bucket to get it out. It sounds like whatever locks it in place is broken. Does it make any noise?
Hhmmm .... that makes sense, but I don't think there is a latch (see attached). I'll go futz with it to see if a "lift" is the trick.

Attachments

rickgburton

Staff member
Looking at the ice bucket I see the front cover sits lower and I see tracks on the side so it must slide in on rails. Check there.

sealove67

Premium Member
Looking at the ice bucket I see the front cover sits lower and I see tracks on the side so it must slide in on rails. Check there.

It does slide in on rails. I wiggled it around a bit and it seemed to seat better and has been working since. I am giving it a couple of days before claiming victory, but I think you solves this one, Rick. Thank you!!!

sealove67

Premium Member
UPDATE: The bucket does seat properly when inserted, and it cannot be pulled out without a little lift up. But .... it unseats somehow when I crush ice. Regular dispensing of ice cubes works just fine. Something with the crushing action (it works for a second or two) sets it askew. Any thoughts on that one? I do love my crushed ice!

sealove67

Premium Member
Yep, it looks like you are right again. The "nub" on the back of the left slide has broken off. I just ordered than one, plus a new ice tray. Still holding off on claiming victory, but you sure are smart and helping me out loads!

sealove67

Premium Member
Glad we could help!

Drats! That didn't work, either! The ice crusher works for about 3 seconds, then you can feel the bucket being kicked out of place, and the motor still runs but nothing happens. Any other ideas?? I'm determined now to have my crushed ice!

rickgburton

Staff member
That's what I was trying to explain back in post #8. Guess I didn't do very well. You probably need to replace both side rails. The problem is only that one is available. The other side is not.
4974JA1063A Guide,rail
lg-guide-rail-4974ja1063a-ap4439745_01_m.jpg

sealove67

Premium Member
I was hoping it was kismet that you only had the rail that was visibly broken. When can you get the other one in?

rickgburton

Staff member
We don't order or sell any parts. We can only link you to a parts site like RepairClinic or AppliancePartsPros. You can try an online search with the part number. Can the old one be repaired? (I can't see it so I don't know what's worn or broken).