LG LT1434CNR through wall AC compressor won't shut off

tonyc222

Premium Member
Model Number
LT1434CNR
Brand
LG
LG LT1434CNR compressor runs even when unit is turned off. I read some other threads on this same problem. Will a new PCB fix it? LG gave me the part #EBR76261803 for the board. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

jayboyz

Premium Member
LG A/C Unit # LW1513ER
Ordered and installed a control board from you a few days ago. The a/c compressor would not shut off. Installed board and all worked fine. However, there is still an occasional a/c …compressor always on… issue. The only other parts I see that would appear to control the compressor or temperature are the temperature sensor on the front of the unit and the capacitor that sends the charge to start the compressor. Could one of these be bad and causing that kind of problem?

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
jayboyz said:
there is still an occasional a/c …compressor always on… issue.
The fan AND compressor come on?

jayboyz said:
The only other parts I see that would appear to control the compressor or temperature are the temperature sensor on the front of the unit and the capacitor that sends the charge to start the compressor. Could one of these be bad and causing that kind of problem?
The capacitor will definitely have nothing to do with it. The sensor might be responsible provided the fan also runs at the same time.

Are you certain the compressor is running and not just the fan?? On 'energy saver' mode the fan may come on periodically so the control can measure air temperature.

Dan O.

jayboyz

Premium Member
Yes. Compressor does come on and so does the fan. I thought the capacitor just sent the signal to turn it on. So I ordered the thermistor. It is cheap and this seems to be the culprit.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I thought the capacitor just sent the signal to turn it on.
It is in the electrical circuit but it doesn't make power nor does it switch power to the compressor. That is only done by the control. Once the control sends power, the capacitor helps the compressor and/or fan motor start and run.

jayboyz said:
So I ordered the thermistor. It is cheap and this seems to be the culprit.
If the control was in the OFF position at the time, the thermistor shouldn't cause it either. It is the control that actually switches power to those components.

JMO

Dan O.