• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LG LTC24380ST/01 Freezer Ice Maker freezing water blocks

Djbarnett

Premium Member
Model Number
LTC24380ST/01
Brand
LG
LG LTC24380ST/01 Freezer Ice Maker - The freezer ice maker has some ice in the water tube that puts water in the ice tray and some ice around that tube. Some cubes are made but it looks like most of the water is going into the bin and freezing in one huge block. Some water misses both the bin and the tray and dribbles down side wall and freezes under the tray. Any ideas as to how to fix? Thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, you will need to remove the ice maker and see if you have a partial ice blockage in the fill tube or fill cup causing this problem.

Here's the ice maker for your model:
Icemaker Assembly 5989JA0002Y

This video gives you the general idea of how to remove and replace it:

Jake

Djbarnett

Premium Member
I definitely have some frozen water in the fill tube...do I need to use a hair dryer to melt that? I'm wondering if that ice in the fill tube is causing the water to be misdirected and not go into the cube tray. Does that make sense?

Djbarnett

Premium Member
update - just realized that the fill cup is solid ice so there is no water getting down into the tray. There's also a sheet of ice on the bottom of freezer compartment which is where the water is ending up.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I definitely have some frozen water in the fill tube...do I need to use a hair dryer to melt that? I'm wondering if that ice in the fill tube is causing the water to be misdirected and not go into the cube tray. Does that make sense?
Yes, that makes perfect sense!

update - just realized that the fill cup is solid ice so there is no water getting down into the tray.
Yes, unclog that fill cup in the ice maker too.

Keep us posted.

Jake

Djbarnett

Premium Member
So far, so good! Ice maker is working as it should. There is a faint, weird taste to the cubes that wasn't there before but I'm guessing that will phase out. Thanks - I wish I knew what caused the issue but perhaps there was a power outage and when it came back online, something went wrong...?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that fixed it.(y)

There is a faint, weird taste to the cubes that wasn't there before but I'm guessing that will phase out.
Yes, that should pass.

Thanks - I wish I knew what caused the issue but perhaps there was a power outage and when it came back online, something went wrong...?
Possibly yes.

Jake