• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

LG Microwave stop heating with loud buzzing noise

ABskseven

Premium Member
Model Number
MV1526W
Brand
LG
Hi,
My microwave stop working as it does not heat anything. It makes loud buzzing noise, light is on and the glass plate spins but no heat.
Anyone know if this can be fixed or will I have to get a new microwave...

Thanks,

Steve

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

A copy:

Q - The microwave makes a loud "hum or buzz" noise but will not heat up the food?
A - 9 times out of 10 this is usually this is a bad magnetron, the other time is sometimes a bad high voltage diode. See components section.

jeff.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
If you get a chance, let us know what you find/see.

jeff.

ABskseven

Premium Member
Hey Jeff,
My apology for the late reply, After seeing the price of the parts to replace I bought a new microwave for $130 during black Friday Sale.
Thanks for following up.

Steve

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Steve,

Jeff is no longer with us after 8 years of helping us here due to personal reasons, we will miss him more than he knows.:(

Jake