LG Model LDT5678ST Dishwasher leveling issue - Cycle Stops

LanaK404

Premium Member
Model Number
LDT5678ST
Brand
LG
I have a LG dishwasher model LDT5678ST purchased open box. When I attempt to start it, it doesn’t start unless I lift up on the door when closing just so. Almost like there’s some leveling sensor that is faulty. This has been the case since it was first installed probably 7 months back but it used to be a simple workaround. Lately it’s been almost impossible to get the cycle started because even if you can find the sweet spot when closing, if you let go too quickly and it senses it’s off balance (I think) the cycle stops. I don’t think it’s a latch issue as the door seems security closed but not ruling that out as the culprit. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
LanaK404 said:
it senses it’s off balance (I think) the cycle stops.
It doesn't.

LanaK404 said:
I don’t think it’s a latch issue as the door seems security closed but not ruling that out as the culprit.
Don't jump to conclusions. The door latching mechanism actuates electrical switches. Just because it latches doesn't necessarily mean it is activating those switch(es) properly.

LanaK404 said:
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Actually check the door latching mechanism... and possibly for play in the door hinges as well if you have to manipulate the door to activate the dishwasher.

Dan O.

LanaK404

Premium Member
How would I go about checking the door locking mechanism to ensure it is activating the electrical switches properly? I checked the hinges and they look the same on both sides even though I typically have to lift up on the door more on the left side when closing to get it to start.

Attachments

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
If it's less than a year old it should be covered by warranty in which case you should call for factory service. Any disassembly of it by you could void its warranty.

Check the owners manual for a number to call for service or check the manufacturer's web site.