LG model LFX25960SB inside lights stay on when doors closed

stump24

Premium Member
Model Number
LFX25960SB
Brand
LG
Wife called me at work today saying the fridge lights would not shut off and they started to smoke..opened and closed the doors and did not make a difference. She shut the breaker off and I said I would check it later tonight..any ideas? I tried researching it and looks like it might be a main control board? Thanks in advance..

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Last edited:

stump24

Premium Member
Thanks for the help..any tips on what/how I should check the light switches?

wildimaginations

Appliance Tech
Remove the light bulbs and call LG for service. There is a rework on this situation and parts and labor is covered for this problem.

800 243 0000

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Remove the light bulbs and call LG for service. There is a rework on this situation and parts and labor is covered for this problem.

800 243 0000
A known issue....thankx for the tip!

jeff.

ned4spd8874

Premium Member

800 243 0000
I know I'm late to this party, but our LG fridge started having this problem last night. No food damage, but all the plastic housing is all melted and deformed. I called LG, but they are absolving themselves of all responsibly with my appliance. Is there anything I can do, or just foot the bill myself now?

wildimaginations

Appliance Tech
You'll need to replace the main board with this part #EBR34917104. LG did have a time limit of how long before they can walk away from the problem. It's probably already over the limit.

Last edited by a moderator:

ned4spd8874

Premium Member
You'll need to replace the main board with this part #EBR34917104. LG did have a time limit of how long before they can walk away from the problem. It's probably already over the limit.
Thanks for the quick reply! I figured it would be a long shot to have them fix it, but it doesn't hurt to try!

Quick question, we have model #LFD22860SW, would it be the same board? And also, how hard or easy would it be to replace this myself? Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator: