FIXED LG Model LW1516ER Compressor runs continuously without being turned on

Shiloh1KB

Premium Member
Model Number
LW1516ER
Brand
LG
Compressor runs continuously without being turned on. I have to unplug or turn off with the plug reset. I saw parts numbers for other model units but not for mine.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Shiloh1KB said:
Compressor runs continuously without being turned on.

Just the compressor, no fan?

If only the compressor is affected, it sounds like there's likely a shorted relay in the main electronic control. That would usually require the control circuit board to be replaced.

Main-Control-Board-EBR83604004-05900707.jpg

LINK > LG Control PCB # EBR83604004 (has picture, no stock)

LINK > LG Control PCB # EBR83604004 (site shows 1 currently in stock, no pic)

Dan O.

Shiloh1KB

Premium Member
Thank you Dan O....I read some of the other threads with the same problem and pulled the board on my unit. It has the part number displayed #EBR83548602 so I was able to find that board and just ordered it. Besides, that board looks nothing like mine. Hope this will fix the problem...I will post when I replace and let people know! Thankfully we are now having a little cooler nights.
Kim

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
That is the display board, not the relay board. I doubt that one would be responsible for your symptom but good luck!

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Shiloh1KB said:
where is this located?
The parts diagram isn't really good but I've identified the component in the graphic below. It is labeled as illustration # 268711-2.

image.jpeg

I don't know how to go about accessing it but it would usually be toward the front of the unit inside the main body.

Shiloh1KB

Premium Member
Awesome....found it right where you said! I already ordered the part you recommended. I've tackled the digital display on my gas stove so I'm hoping this won't be as difficult to access as that was....lol My husband refuses the handle anything too technical. I appreciate all your help.

Shiloh1KB

Premium Member
FIXED...Thank you so much for your help Dan O. Super easy to fix and runs just like new!! So happy to find this blog.