• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG oven not heating properly LRE30451SB/01

recon481

Premium Member
Model Number
LRE30451SB
Brand
LG
Our oven heats to random temperatures, either heating way past the desired temperature and burning foods, or way under the desired temperature and not baking at all. I've checked the resistance on the temperature sensor and it checks out fine. I'm assuming that it's either the oven relay board or the oven control board... What and how can I test for either of these two?
We've had so many issues with this stove, including the recall on the burner control that wouldn't shut off the burners... Please help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

These LG models are notorious for the lower relay board going bad and causing this problem. What happens is the heat relay on the board sticks either ON or OFF at times and will throw your temperatures off, or won't heat at all.

Here's the lower relay control board for your model you can order:
Relay Board 6871W1N012B

Its located in the back of your range, so you'd pull your range out from the wall, then unplug it, then remove the back access panel, then you will see it on the lower right side.

(click to enlarge)
Snapshot_1.jpg

Jake

recon481

Premium Member
Thanks for the response! I'm guessing that since it's so intermittent there's probably no way for to check the current coming from the relay...?
I'd rather it be the relay than the oven control board tho!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm guessing that since it's so intermittent there's probably no way for to check the current coming from the relay...?
Correct.

Jake