• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG portable Air Conditioner LG1015WSR - compressor turns on by itself

Ronna

Premium Member
Model Number
LP1015WSR
Brand
LG
Hello - recently had a power outage while my portable air conditioner was running. IT still produces cold air, but when the machine is powered off, the compressor will turn itself back on and run and run and run. I've reset it without luck.
I've taken off the back of the case, cleaned it up a little (after 5 yrs, the machine was a bit dusty) and now I'm trying to determine if my model has a board somewhere that I need to replace. I can't find one easily. Can someone tell me if my machine has a board and if so, tell me how to order a replacement? If it doesn't have a board, can someone then show me what I'm looking for that needs to be replaced?

Thank you!

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I can't find a parts list for that model. You might have to contact LG and ask. On a similar model (LP1015WNR) the control PCB looks to be underneath the controls where you set its operation.

image.png

Ask LG for either a parts list and/or the part number of the circuit board with the relays.

Dan O.

Ronna

Premium Member
Hi - your guess is as good as mine. Attached are the labels i see. I don't see any additional numbers.

Attachments

• 0624211205a[1].jpg
    0624211205a[1].jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 24

Robert4

Premium Member
Usually there would be more digits/letters. I guess your particular model doesn't have any more numbers/letters after it.

I found this on LG's website, but it doesn't have any parts listed: lg.com/us/support/product/lg-LP1015WSR.AWYAOSU

Ronna

Premium Member
thank you. I've already visited that page hoping to find parts. Now, I'm on hold with encompass.com trying to figure it out.

Robert4

Premium Member
Oh, sorry about that. Hopefully, it isn't a throw-away unit. Sometimes companies won't list parts for throwaway units.

Did LG direct you to encompass.com?

Ronna

Premium Member
actually, the 800 number on the machine told me to visit lg.encompass.com after transferring me to them. But that site doesn't exist. i dropped the lg part and ended up on encompass. They have parts, just not very clear on what part for my particular model.

Robert4

Premium Member
I think they have parts in general for LG, but when I type it your model number, nothing comes up there either: encompass.com/search?searchTerm=LP1015WSR

I do see LP1015WNR/00 everywhere I look, but I don't see your model LP1015WSR anywhere.