• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Range cooktop with warming zone and RF,RR Elements not coming on.

Jeffro84

Premium Member
Model Number
LG will updat
Brand
LG
The two left burners work fine. The Warming Zone(WZ) and both right burners don't work. All of the elements tested very close to resistance values on tech sheet except the WZ. Continuity was good on all elements except WZ, which was open. Ordered new WZ element. Two questions, 1) will this fix the issue with the RF & RR elements not coming on, even though they test fine, as well? 2) if the Right side is dependant on the WZ element, can I safely bypass it until the correct part comes in?

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Jeffro84 said:
1) will this fix the issue with the RF & RR elements not coming on

You have not provided enough information for anyone to determine that. At the very least we need the complete model number off the appliance's model and serial number identification tag.

But more likely, you'll need tp supply a scan of its wiring diagram.

Jeffro84 said:
2) if the Right side is dependant on the WZ element, can I safely bypass it until the correct part comes in?

I think that is extremely unlikely but you have not provided enough information for anyone to be able determine that. Look at its wiring diagram to see if the two are connected.

Dan O.

Jeffro84

Premium Member
Not sure which number i need to refer to, I don't normally work with ranges. Here's a quick shot. I can try to get a better scan of the tech sheet later.

20210103_114322.jpg

Jeffro84

Premium Member
Not sure which number i need to refer to, I don't normally work with ranges. Here's a quick shot. I can try to get a better scan of the tech sheet later. View attachment 55355
I do know the warming zone is bad and the new one is on its way. I just need to know if I have a bigger problem. With the defective part out, oven works, displays all work, but none of the burners will come on now, where the left two were still working before.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Jeffro84 said:
The Warming Zone(WZ) and both right burners don't work

According to that wiring diagram all the *rear* elements all have common wiring which could affect operation of all those elements. There is nothing in common with the front burners so those are certainly different problems.

Jeffro84 said:
1) will this fix the issue with the RF & RR elements

As near as I can see, no it won't.

Jeffro84 said:
2) if the Right side is dependant on the WZ element, can I safely bypass it until the correct part comes in?

No.

BTW You still haven't posted the appliance's model number.

Dan O.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
If both RH elements stopped functioning together, I can only see the relay board or a slim chance of the wiring from it, being responsible.

LINK > LG LRE30757ST / FSTLLGA Relay Board

LG wiring-trace RH Elements.jpg
Isolated RH Element Wiring

I do not know what the warming zone element failure has to do with the other as near as I can tell they're not connected in any way except for one mutual wiring connector. Possibly it was just a coincidence that both failed together.. if they did occur at the same time.

Dan O.