• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Range LDE3037ST Lower oven not maintaining heat after preheating

tree1820

Premium Member
Model Number
LDE3037ST
Brand
LG
When I turn on the lower oven it will preheat to the selected temperature but then as the baking progresses the temperature falls and the oven does not turn back on to maintain the temperature. For example, if I set the oven to bake at 350 it preheats fine (and checking the sensor temperature through settings give me a reading of 400 degrees). But, after 10 minutes if I turn the oven off and then set it to bake at 350 again, the oven display will indicate the oven has dropped to 290 and will begin to preheat up again (checking the sensor through the setting button gives a temperature of 340). If I let it go longer before restarting, the temperature continues to drop. If I were to cook say a turkey in the oven I would have to keep restarting the oven to make sure it got cooked.

Upper oven appears to works fine - preheats and maintains temperature (within a normal +/- to get the appropriate average baking temperature). I will note that doing some of the sensor testing maybe indicates it is not getting as hot as it should, but it bakes ok (other than the back of the oven being hotter than the front) so I will adjust that through settings.

Lower oven has bake, convect, and broil features. Electric range is 7 years old but have had this issue for many years and have just stopped using lower oven for most things. About 3 years ago we replaced the oven relay PCB with part EBR64624601 but it did not fix the problem (ordered part from appliancepartspros).

No errors codes display while cooking or when checking through the settings.
Tested both temperature sensors and they are in range at about 1082 ohms.
When I test the oven sensors temperature through the settings button, at room temperature I got 68F for upper and 71F for lower. When I preheat both ovens to 350, I got 321 for the upper and 401 for the lower.

Tested the bake element wires on the relay board. While preheating, I get about 246V between Bake & Bake and Bake & DLB on the board as well as between each Bake on the board and the element side it is wired to. After the oven is preheated, I get 0V on everything except about 117V between Bake and DLB relay. I know very little about this so I don't know what it should be reading.

Should I order another oven relay board to see if I got a bad part or what else could be going on?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Another member was having a similar problem but he never came back to update us:

Like I mentioned in that thread--->The problem is usually the relay board: EBR64624601 Pcb Assembly,power

That is the board in the very back of your range towards the bottom.

So if you already replaced it and it did not fix it, I really don't know what's causing this problem, because your oven sensor ohms good.

Its best to contact LG to come out at 800-243-0000 and see what's going on, rather than ordering another relay board.

Jake

tree1820

Premium Member
Thanks! Appreciate the response. I have read through other threads but didn't see anyone who had replaced the relay board and still had an issue. That location and part number is definitely the part we replaced previously and then tested the connection with the bake element yesterday.

Do you know why the oven display would show a very different temperature than what the oven sensors read?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do you know why the oven display would show a very different temperature than what the oven sensors read?
I don't believe its in real-time so it may be approximate temperature.

Jake