• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Range LRE3083ST/01 Dual Heating Element not working...

Patrick1

Premium Member
Model Number
LRE3083ST/01
Brand
LG
Dual heating element, part# MEE62385201, stopped working. Performed continuity test across both heating coils and the limiter switch and it all checked out. As a secondary test I connected the wires from the adjacent burner, which is working fine, to the dual heating element in question and it came right on. So the problem seems to be that there is no power reaching this heating element. FYI, all other range functions and displays seem to be fine.
I traced the wires back from the heating element to the control board and found no issue there - no breaks, frays or burns and they passed a continuity test as well. So is the problem the control board, part# EBR77562702? It's an awfully expensive part for an 8 year old range, is there anything else I should check?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Patrick,

Yes, the problem is the control board.

The manufacture has replaced part number EBR77562702 with part number EBR77562705.

This is the correct control board for your model:
EBR77562705 Pcb Assembly, Main

is there anything else I should check?
Nope, you've done a good job troubleshooting it.:)

Jake

Patrick1

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. I was hoping I was wrong or had missed an obvious and inexpensive fix, no such luck. Considering that a comparable replacement oven would be around $800 I'll have to give this some thought, maybe we'd be better off buying new instead of an expensive repair. Fortunately, there are still 3 functioning burners left so it's not that urgent right now.
Who knows, maybe Santa will schlep a 150 pound oven down our chimney this year...HO HO HO!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Patrick, the average life of ranges is only 8-12 years so you are in the ballpark for a new range.

Look around at Range sales coming up before Christmas, lots of models WITHOUT BELLS and WHISTLES are less than $800.:)

We recommend Whirlpool and Maytag Ranges for longevity.

Jake