• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LG Range LRG3081ST Oven Temperature Issues - F 09 code

corollapizon

Premium Member
Model Number
LRG3081ST
Brand
LG
My oven seems to have some intermittent problems with an F 09 code. Sometimes the oven will not reach 150 degrees and I will get the F 09 code. The igniter seems to be working because I can see the glow down at the bottom. Sometimes it will not reach the desired temperature, or it seems like it will lose some heat. If I cancel and restart the bake, the initial temperature will be much lower than I had it set to. The oven seems to heat better when I'm using the stovetop burners at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I can see the glow down at the bottom.
An igniter can glow red and still be bad. It needs to draw 3.2 to 3.6 amps to open the oven safety valve. Use an amp probe or an amp meter on one of the igniter wires and check the amps.

rickgburton

Staff member
Does your meter have an 10 amp setting? If it does, move the test lead to the correct jack on your meter and connect it like this:
C-Igniter Amps.jpg

corollapizon

Premium Member
Thank you so much for the diagram! The gas valve only stays open when then the circuit is completed with the meter probe, is that correct??

rickgburton

Staff member
Something like that. You're using the meter like a wire/jumper between the igniter and gas valve. If you have it connected properly, when you turn it on the amp value will be in the display. Anything less than 3.2 amps, it's bad.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick has been out sick since Jan.12th with a serious illness, we are hoping and praying for a speedy recovery!

Thanks for the update! He will be glad to hear that when he returns!

Jake