• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Range LRG3091ST/02 - Oven Shutting off after preheating

jbinkley

Premium Member
Model Number
LRG3091ST/02
Brand
LG
Hi Folks, We just had our first child and friends have been dropping off food daily for us! Well it's not a good time for the oven to stop working.

When I start the oven no matter what temp I set, it will preheat then shut off. Not the oven itself but the ignitor then gas will turn off.

I was looking at some of the other post on LG ovens and preheating but ours seems different. The ignitor turns on every single time in about 60 seconds and also have no issues with broil, so me it does not seem like a igniter issue?

I also pulled the temp sensor and I am getting the correct ohms, so that seems correct also.

Below is a video that I hope will help. Thanks for your time!
Click for video LINK - Preheat video

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
We just had our first child
Congratulations!

When I start the oven no matter what temp I set, it will preheat then shut off. Not the oven itself but the ignitor then gas will turn off.
When the glow bar shuts off, is the temperature at 350 in the oven? Do you have a oven thermometer you can put in the oven to see?

The analog dial type oven thermometers don't read the temperature in "Real Time", and does take about 15 or 20 minutes to "Catch Up" with your actual oven temperature.

The only way to get an accurate measurement of the oven temperature is with a digital multimeter and thermocouple.

Here's the one that I always use:
Digital Multimeter DM10T

Read what our tech bigbuck said here:

Jake

jbinkley

Premium Member
Hi Jake, Thanks!

Yeah I am an idiot, I let it go longer tonight then realized that is how a gas oven operates. Gets to temp, shuts off, maintains temp then turns back on to get to set temp ( I think?) I will use my smoker thermometer and do some more testing tomorrow. My wife said it doesn't seem to maintain temperature and I did for the first time tonight get a F-11 error code if that helps.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Gets to temp, shuts off, maintains temp then turns back on to get to set temp ( I think?)
Yes, that's how it works.:)

My wife said it doesn't seem to maintain temperature and I did for the first time tonight get a F-11 error code

F11 is usually a faulty glow bar oven igniter.

Here's the glow bar oven igniter for your model:
MEE61841401 Ignitor

I explain it in post #2 here:

Jake