• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Range LRG3193BD it heats up, and we think the food is cooking. We then find that the food is not cooked

Stefan

Premium Member
Model Number
LRG3193BD
Brand
LG
I am hoping you guys can help!! I have a LRG3193BD. What’s happening is it heats up, and we think the food is cooking. We then find that the food is not cooked. After canceling the bake cycle and restarting it, the temp has dropped very low. It doesn’t seem to be re-igniting after the first heat up. I already replaced the temp sensor. Now I’m thinking the igniter, but it does glow pretty good. Any other thoughts? Maybe the relay board? Thanks in advance for any help!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
How long is the oven bake ignitor glow bar taking to light the gas when you first turn on the oven?

The problem is possibly the oven bake glow bar igniter itself is getting weak. It should take about 45 seconds and no longer than 60 seconds to light the gas. Time it with your stopwatch.:)

What happens is when you turn on the bake cycle the igniter should draw 3.2-3.6 amps to properly open the oven safety valve for bake. It sounds like its working fine on the first heat up cycle, but not after that, thus the oven temperature drops.

Here's the BAKE glow bar igniter for your model:
MEE61841401 Ignitor

Jake

Stefan

Premium Member
Thank you! That’s what I was thinking also. It seems to take a few minutes on the first cycle, then not at all the second cycle. It just glows. I’ll try the igniter. Thanks again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then your BAKE ignitor is the culprit.

The new BAKE ignitor should fix it.:)

Keep us posted.

Jake