• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LG refrigerator error code Er FF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Econo Appliance

Appliance Tech
Model Number
LRSC26922TT
Brand
LG
Hey guys,

This LG has me stuck. I have run the smart board entirely through the diagnostic mode and it says everything is OK - hours later a code comes up "Er FF"

Model: LRSC26922TT
Serial: 407KRPV00464

I have had no luck finding any useful info on the web.... nothing but horror stories about LG. I don't like these machines.

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yea, I haven't worked on any LG's except for the ones Sears sells under the 795 model#, and the basic problems a couple years ago was with the ice maker and condenser fan motor.

Thanks for letting us all know what that error code means.:)

Jake

pablito

Premium Member
Same LG ref and same problem

How did you run a diagnostic?, I bought a LG ref and it showing to me the same error.

pablito

Premium Member
Aha!!

Answer!!

The FF error code indicates that the freezer fan motor is defective. You could also get this code if ice is preventing the fan from turning. Please set up service for refrigerator.
Where can I ge the electric schematic of this LG model LRSC26922TT and diagnostic command ?

GoAstros

Premium Member
Aha!!

Answer!!

The FF error code indicates that the freezer fan motor is defective. You could also get this code if ice is preventing the fan from turning. Please set up service for refrigerator.
I have got the same code twice so far. each time I have just turned off the
machine and restarted and the code has gone away.
but i understand that shd not be my long term approach.

Mine is 3 yrs old LG LRSC26911TT
Thanks for your post, econo appliance.
What did you have to do and how much did it end up costing?
Anyone else have same experience ?

Pegi at Sams

Appliance Tech
For the FF code you will want to be replacing the fan motor and the mother board.....updated software on the board and once the fan has been stalled it is damaged and probably will not run up to speed..:cool:

Pegi at Sams

Appliance Tech
dH = "Defrost Cycle Malfunction"
You will be wanting to replace the sensor controler on the side of the evaperator and the mother board and remove all of the ice inside of the freezer...

Pegi at Sams

Appliance Tech
Where can I ge the electric schematic of this LG model LRSC26922TT and diagnostic command ?
Only place for LG information is on the LG secure server unless AJ has something he has downloaded for you...LG does not put tech sheets in their refrigerators...

GoAstros

Premium Member
For the FF code you will want to be replacing the fan motor and the mother board.....updated software on the board and once the fan has been stalled it is damaged and probably will not run up to speed..:cool:
how much do you think would be the approx cost for this ?
In my case, each we get the mesg, we turn off the refrig & start it back and
it works fine for half a day or so.
I removed all the ice but that does not seem to have solved the problem.
I don't have the water filter inside anymore. Removed it recently and since
then I have seen this problem emergr. Probably they are unrelated?

broken arrow

Premium Member
LG humming in LG LRBC22544SB

Im not sure if this is related but this morning when I got up I could hear a humming noise. Sounds like a fan starting to fail or motor thats slightly off balance. When I open the fridge door the motor sound stops.

GoAstros

Premium Member
I don't remember exactly what we charged

If you pay an appliance repair company, expect the bill to be around $275-$400
I actually lucked out. I thought I had purchased 3 yr warranty but found
that I had bought 5yr service plan from best buy for 149.99.
So the best buy guy changed the fan and reset the computer under
service plan.
I found the fan motor EAU60694507 Motor,dc and the tech said it would have been about 100 or more for him to come and fix the issue.
So this service call itself paid that 149.99 investment that I made 3.5 yrs ago.
Best.

broken arrow

Premium Member
Fixed it

It turns out the grinding noise I was hearing each night was ice building up on the evaporator fan located in the back of the freezer. When we pulled the panel off there was ice packed all around the fan. The repair man said he was going to have to replace the fan. After we deiced the fan with a hair dryer he pulled it our and handed it to me.

The fan said it was a nominal 13v so I hooked it up to a 12V regulated power supply in the garage and it worked just fine. When testing the leads to the fan it only showed 1.5V with the door button pressed.

When testing the mother board it shows only 3V output from the fan output leads.

Once he said it was going to cost me another $125 in labor and $119 for the board I found the thread that said to unplug it for 1 min to reset the caps. After doin that it purs like a kitten and spits arctic cold air.

Total cost $75 diagnostic fee for repair

penn73

Premium Member
First timer here and I just wanted to say THANKS! guys! I have recently learned that I own a garbage can LG calls a fridge and without the help of you guys and this site I would have been stuck. I recently recieved the infamous ER FF code and my warranty was out by like 4 months. First tried to de-ice but it kept coming back so I ordered and swapped out the main board and Freezer fan and now it's back to good again. Thanks again!
Joe

Snowgirl

LG LFX21960 Er FF

Freezer still worked. Fridge did not. Thanks to infor from this site - I pulled out unit, unplugged, took off lower back panel, then came round to front and removed all freezer drawers and trays. Put a ocsilating heat tower (set on low) and a fan on the kitchen floor which is exposed when the freezer door is open. Lots of continuous flow of water caome down the drip tube system in the back. It drips into the drip tray for evaporation but I had to carefully sop it up with little rags. My theory, leave the unit unplugged, doors open, fans blowing into the freezer area to thaw for at least 24 hours. The water was flowing for that long of a time on mine. Behind the back wall of the freezer It must have been completely frosted and iced up. I'm hoping that by letting it thaw so completely and dry somewhat due the the continuous use of fans that this will not recurr for several years. I put reinstalled everything, plugged it in, and so far the electronics and cooling systems are working good. Prior to this mine had been running well for 4 years. My only complaints to this point had related to ice machine jams and poorly designed, cheaply made refridgerator drawers.

dzlpwr

2012-03-01-008.jpg 2012-03-01-009.jpg

Upper right area contained a brick of ice nearly 3" thick (built up after 7 years). 2nd picture is back view of freezer rear panel. Center fan motor is freezer fan. Freezer fan was iced up and didn't spin. I warmed and dried all and everything works fine now. No tools required (except hair dryer & ceramic heater). No work done on rear side of unit. No reason to pull away from wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.