• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Refrigerator Freezer not working (LFXC24796D)

RBfreezer

Premium Member
Model Number
LFXC24796D/00
Brand
LG
I have a LG Refrigerator (LFXC24796D) I-noticed my ice machine quit working then I checked the lower freezer drawer and everything was melting. It appears the upper fridge is still working. I pulled it out and removed the cover from the rear covering the compressor. The compressor sounded like it was running and it was Luke warm to the touch. The fan was running and the coils looked fine. I unplugged it for about 5 minutes and plugged it back in which didn’t change anything. I checked the LG Thermistor Assembly attached to the side of the Compressor which seamed fine. I’m having a hard time locating the Capacitor which is suppose to be underneath it somewhere. I talked to a repair shop who thought it could be the Freezer Evaporator, which he said if that was the case it wasn’t worth fixing. Thoughts

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do you hear the fan running inside the freezer?

Remove the back panel inside the freezer and look at the frost pattern on the freezer evaporator coil.

Look at the last photo below, that would be a NORMAL FROST PATTERN.

Frost Patterns.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, the evaporator coil needs to have a NORMAL FROST PATTERN for the freezer fan to run.

Did you take the back panel off in the freezer and look at the frost pattern? In fact its best to take a photo of it and attach it in your post.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.