• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LG Refrigerator LFCS31626S /01 rf E code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTP

Premium Member
Model Number
LFCS31626S /01
Brand
LG
Hello I am running into an issue with the LG LFCS31626S /01 (not sure if /01 has any meaning) model refrigerator freezer is freezing but refrigerator is not up to par. [ rF E ] code on top of digital display is illuminated wife mentioned there was a bit of frost on back/bottom wall of refrigerator portion.

Question is it safe to assume the freezer fan is fine since it is cold and freezing contents therefore my intentions was to replace fan motor in refrigerator compartment. Am I ok in my assessment? Plus I cannot find any information as far as in depth repair type manual for this model as well any ideas as to where I can find that as well?

Also previous history is compressor was replaced twice last being 1 yr ago 3/9/2021 where they must have flashed motherboard as well since there is a sticker stating that on compartment for main PCB plate outside/rear of refrigerator.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, rF E is the refrigerator fan motor error code.

The refrigerator fan motor is located behind that back panel towards the bottom.

Is that fan not running at all? Do you hear it running? Usually that refrigerator fan motor is the part to replace when you get that error code, but you can also verify voltage to it first just to make sure. It should have 8-12 volts DC to it when it should be running.

Here's the refrigerator fan motor your model:

Here's the video to access/change it:

Jake

DTP

Premium Member
TY for the reply...

I really don't feel any air at bottom under crisper pan so that's why I am leaning towards that fan just wanted to make sure there was a fan there and not take refrigerator panel out for nothing.

I am also making sure by cross refencing your part number with both sites provided it is giving me different numbers just want to make sure. I will 95% purchase the part and will attempt at changing it out also if/when I get a chance will the unit reset itself when plugged back in? If no other issue it should just display temperatures as normal, correct? And I presume it is for multiple refrigerator lines is that why maybe numbers are different...like a universal part number?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, its plug and play. Just unplug the refrigerator from the wall outlet before you replace it.

If no other issue it should just display temperatures as normal, correct?
Correct.

And I presume it is for multiple refrigerator lines is that why maybe numbers are different...like a universal part number?
Some original part numbers change overtime as updates get added to them. That is the correct refrigerator fan motor for your model I posted above.

Jake

DTP

Premium Member
One more question I am ordering part is it ok to keep it running with the rF E code for a day or so until part arrives we have quite a bit more than i expected and all wont transfer into freezer?? TY for your replies I appreciate it!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
is it ok to keep it running with the rF E code for a day or so until part arrives
Yes, that would be fine.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

DTP

Premium Member
Ok thanks for the help to all the fan is in place for now 9 days temps good to go...no more rF E code. Thanks Jake for all your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new refrigerator fan motor fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.