• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Refrigerator LFX25991ST/05 - overfilling ice maker.

xr650rhonda

Premium Member
Model Number
LFX25991ST/05
Brand
LG
I have a LG ice maker that has been over filling to the point some of the plastic is cracked and I am replacing the ice maker and water valve. My question is where does the ice maker get its logic? Does the ice maker have its own board or is it from the main control board?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I couldn't locate the service manual for this model to answer that question.

But make sure you order the correct ice maker.

Here's the ice maker for your model:
AEQ73110203 Ice Maker Assembly,kit

IMPORTANT: The secondary (smaller) wire connector has 3 wires in it. If your original ice maker has a 6 wire connector, see part number AEQ73110205. Verify your connector before ordering.

I'll keep trying to locate it.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

xr650rhonda

Premium Member
Jake, very kind of you to answer my question. I ordered a whole assembly( LG EAU60783827 OEM Ice Maker Assembly)this time around and my model is listed, so I hope it works out,
I have some cracked plastic (at the level sensors ) from the ice maker overfilling . I will use your advice next time and order just the ice maker next time. Cleaning the condensing coil restored my ice maker to making ice and I guess that answers my question on the control board working or not. Still looking for where the manufacturer hide the schematic, maybe it's under the control board cover. I am still replacing the ice maker, the ice mold has lost some of it's finish and I can see how the ice became stuck. Replacing the water valve seems like a good idea too based on the scale of the fill tube at the tank inlet. First time finding this forum and plan on looking around a bit. Thank you!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Check for the tech data sheet behind the bottom kickplate and underneath the top hinge covers.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help, let us know how it goes.:)

Jake

xr650rhonda

Premium Member
My parts showed up and the goal was to replace: water valve (corrosion in fill tube), ice maker (broken plastic parts) and water dispenser console to fix broken water fill button. Water fill valve
and ice maker install went fine, but the console replacement; not so much.
part 1 .jpg

The new part had the same part number so I was thinking there would be no problem. after taking the old one out
I noticed no channels for the ice dispensing button.

part 2.jpg

I ended up braking the tab off and cutting in the channels for the button, but this seems odd to me
for a direct part replacement. :mad:
I also wish I could have purchased the screws with the parts and if anyone knows a way around not
using ones from a hardware, I love to hear from you. Well thank you for letting me vent. Over all I'm
happy to have it working again. :cool: and I am thankful for the advice.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Where did you buy the dispenser console from?

Look here:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Oh i see, you just got the frame assembly:

Jake