• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Refrigerator LFX31925ST R/F Compartment Fan and rF Code

melaconwow

Premium Member
Model Number
LFX31925ST
Brand
LG
So we have dug through many of forum posts regarding this brands rF error code. Recently, the refrigerator compartment fan, the one behind the air filter, started making noise, and now randomly stops working. We didn't see any ice/frost around the blades or anything. When we run it in Test 1, the fan does turn but after some time it stops. I'd like to replace both the evaporator fan behind the fresh food bin (ordered via this site's links) and that circulation fan but the schematic doesn't list the fan at all, just the assembly around the fan which doesn't include a fan. I was wondering if someone has a part number for the little fan at the top.

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

melaconwow

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply Jake but that is the fan located in the lower portion of the fridge to blow the cold air. The fan I am referring to is at the very top and behind the air filter. It is essentially a 3 inch plastic computer fan. Problem is, I think the failure of this fan is causing issues and giving the rF error and it is not on the schematic that I can see.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The rF error code means refrigerator fan motor.

Jake

melaconwow

Premium Member
I've talked to the technician and the fan I am referring to is included in the ducting and seems to only be available with the whole unit. In the video you are referring to, that isn't the fan that is having trouble. When the gentleman removes the back panel, that white square box at the top that holds the air filter has a small plastic fan behind it, that is the one that failed, not the one towards the bottom.

Edit: Sorry for the terrible picture but the damn LEDs are so bright. Behind there is a small plastic 3 inch fan that the technician says only comes with the entire ducting unit, essentially, you have to buy a $199 dollar part to replace a 6 dollar fan. The power that supply's the lower fan that you linked also powers this one, so when this one fails it trips the same voltage error as the one below.

Attachments

• fan.jpg
    fan.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 44
  • duct.JPG
    duct.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I see it now.

Yes, I agree making you pay $200 for a $6 fan is not a good way to keep customers happy.

If you want to order it, you can order it here: Duct Assembly, multi

Jake