• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Refrigerator - LFXC22526SLinear Compressor - 7 Minute Off Time

karesam

Premium Member
Model Number
LFXC22526S
Brand
LG
I have an LG LFXC22526S refrigerator with inverter linear compressor, and am a bit thrown off by the compressor on/off times for the unit. The compressor seems to start normally and operate smoothly throughout the cycle. It holds the set temperature in both freezer and fresh food compartments (0F & 37F). Aside from it sounding a bit too "buzzy" when the compressor is on, the unit is functioning fine.

What I'm thrown off by is that when the compressor completes the cycle and shuts off, it only stays off for exactly 7 minutes before restarting. It doesn't matter the time of day, how many times the doors have been opened, ambient temperature, etc. The compressor off time is exactly 7 minutes every single cycle.

Can anybody comment on whether this is normal operation for this unit? You would think that the compressor off time would change based on external factors like door openings and ambient temperature, but instead it seems like it is programmed to stay off for exactly 7 minutes before restarting. Could it be stuck in some kind of "service mode" or possibly an issue with the temp. sensors not operating properly?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No that doesn't sound normal.

While its under warranty contact LG to come out for free and see what's going on.

Jake

karesam

Premium Member
They came to check it and concluded it was normal operation, but couldn’t explain why the compressor stays off for exactly 7 minutes every cycle - just got the typical technician response “if it’s still cooling, there’s no problem”.

If the compressor on/off is controlled by sensors, shouldn’t it stay off for longer periods of time during periods of limited use? Or is it possible that LG has an exact 7-minute compressor delay programmed in to these units?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Those are questions I can't answer without contacting LG tech. support. All I know is other brands(Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Amana) don't do what yours does.

Hopefully a LG factory support tech will come here and answer those questions for you.

Jake