• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LG Refrigerator LFXS26973S/00 freezer icemaker dropping 'wet' ice and water into ice bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyePoole

Premium Member
Here's a picture of the ice tray after 24 hours. Hard to see but there is about 1.5 inches of frozen water in the tray along with the ice. I'm beginning to think the water valve is leaking. Is this valve replaced from inside the freezer or from the back?

20211207_223422[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HawkeyePoole

Premium Member
If I turn the icemaker off and the water valve wasn't closing properly wouldn't the water still leak into the ice tray? After 24 hours there was about 1 inch of water (frozen into ice) in the ice bin along with one 'chunk' of ice. The icemaker is off now for two days and there is nothing in the ice bin. Does this still point to the icemaker itself as bad? I'll pull the fridge out tonight and try the reset to see if that has any effect.

HawkeyePoole

Premium Member
OK. This is fixed now. Thankx for the help @rickgburton. The issue, as it turns out was the heater that warms up the ice tray when it's flipped over wasn't working. Therefor the ice never dropped and the next time the water cycled, it simply overflowed into the ice tray. The new icemaker has been working for about 3 weeks now.

The icemaker part number (Thankx again Rick!) is Ice Maker Kit AEQ72909604 / AP6292088

Status
Not open for further replies.