• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Refrigerator LFXS29626S Not Cooling

bxjohnson

Premium Member
Model Number
LFXS29626
Brand
LG
Hello All. I am needing assistance with my LG refrigerator that quit cooling. I believe this started (or it was a coincidence) after a popsicle fell in between the bottom of the freezer door and the unit (french door). The door was shut enough that it did not sound the door alarm so I do not know if it was related or just a coincidence. I tried to follow steps from the service repair manual but I have a few questions. Below are the steps I have taken and the results.

Purchased Nov. 2014
Compressor Model: flb075lana

LG SmartThinQ: No faults found
All fans running (condenser and evaporator)
LED on PCB not flashing any faults.
Compressor is running but no temp changes in or out (high or low sides).
Compressor is pulling .5A (Fluke Clamp) when running. Is this normal for refrigerator compressors?
Used piercing valve on charge port: 65 psi off and 62ish psi when running. What pressures should I expect to see?
Service manual says I should see 200v between COM and POWER after 30 seconds on CON201 pins. Is that correct? I am only seeing 95.9V max.
With CON201 connected in a normal state I am reading a constant 80V off COM and POWER.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

bxjohnson

Premium Member
Jake,

First thank you for taking the time to share your expertise to help others like myself. So... The service manual is correct and I should see 200V across these two pins. I order the PCB from your hyperlink and will start there. I just thought it was odd that the compressor was running but not compressing.

Thanks again,
Brandon

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Brandon, I believe you nailed it!

Let us know how it goes after you replace it.

Jake

bxjohnson

Premium Member
Will do. The part was back ordered but as soon as I receive and replace the PCB I'll return with the results.

Thanks again,
Brandon

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Brandon, sounds good.:)

Jake

bxjohnson

Premium Member
Hello Jake,

I received the new PCB today, but I am still not getting 200V as described on page 75. I am getting the exact same readings. Max 95.8 followed by 80. The compressor is running but pressure remains unchanged while running. There was one change. Now the little led is blinking 3 times. Looking at page 78 this is to prevent over voltage and current detecting connecting error. I then tested using "Check C" on page 81 but all points are within spec. Do you know roughly how much current this compressor should draw under load? Mine is only drawing .5A. I do not work in this field but that seems way to low for any motor let alone a motor compressing. I still fear the compressor gave/wore out. What else would explain these readings?

Thanks again for you help.

Brandon

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Brandon,

Look what Jeff said in post #5 here: Kenmore Elite Upright Freezer-Not cooling, Compressor running low amperage. All other comps test ok

A leaker means is doesn't work very hard = low amperage draw.
A restriction means is doesn't work very hard = low amperage draw ( depends on where the restriction is ).
An inefficient compressor means is doesn't work very hard = low amperage draw.

jeff.
Time for LG to come out to fix it for you. Check your owners manual warranty, some models have a 5 year warranty on the sealed system.

Jake

bxjohnson

Premium Member
Ugh...

A restriction means is doesn't work very hard = low amperage draw ( depends on where the restriction is ).
An inefficient compressor means is doesn't work very hard = low amperage draw.

I think in my case it will be time for the scrap pile... haha O well.... You live and you learn. Thanks again for your assistance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member