• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LG Refrigerator LFXS29626S runs but not cooling as it should

mof3wah

Premium Member
Model Number
LFXS29626S
Brand
LG
Hi, Our LG Refrigerator LFXS29626S still runs and is somewhat cool, but not as cold as it should be. We first noticed there was no ice from the icemaker, but it did have water, and items began to thaw in the freezer. Then we noticed the items in the refrigerator weren't as cold as they should be, but still cool. A diagnostics test was run on it by us, using the app, as well as by LG Manufacturing. The results were the same; it showed there was no problem with it. We cleaned the coils, reset the refrigerator and waited the required time but don't know what else to do. It was purchased in Jan. 2017 so we've only had it about 4 yrs and 7 months. I thought I'd check here before calling the manufacturer repair service. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• LG Refrigerator.jpg
    LG Refrigerator.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 32

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do you notice any frost build-up on the back panel inside the freezer?

If not, then its likely a failed compressor, LG compressor's are very prone to fail within 5 yrs.

You will need to contact LG at 1 (800) 243-0000 and have a tech. come out under your sealed system warranty to verify/order a new compressor.

Jake

mof3wah

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

No, we haven't noticed any frost at all inside the freezer. I was just reading yesterday that there have been some issues with the compressors.

I'll certainly contact LG.

Thank you so much for your help!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help, let us know what they find.

Jake

mof3wah

Premium Member
The LG repair company just left and our issue is the compressor on our refrigerator. I had a feeling it may be since Jake mentioned above it was likely the compressor. I also did a lot of research on it and found the compressors did give a lot of problems on these models. Thankfully, they'll be replacing it as soon as possible. Thanks again for your help, Jake!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The LG repair company just left and our issue is the compressor on our refrigerator. I had a feeling it may be since Jake mentioned above it was likely the compressor. I also did a lot of research on it and found the compressors did give a lot of problems on these models. Thankfully, they'll be replacing it as soon as possible. Thanks again for your help, Jake!
Excellent, glad they are going to replace the compressor under warranty.(y)

Let us know how it goes after they replace it.

Jake

mof3wah

Premium Member
Hi, curious if you have any updates. Did they return to replace the compressor?
Not yet. They're scheduled to come back out on Oct. 5th so I'll update after it's replaced and will probably take a day to cool back down. He unplugged it when he came out to check it and said it was better to leave off until the repairs are made.

home4sale2

Premium Member
Is it an LG authorized company or someone from LG? We're dead in the water too while using the fridge in the garage while we figure out what to do. Thx.

mof3wah

Premium Member
Is it an LG authorized company or someone from LG? We're dead in the water too while using the fridge in the garage while we figure out what to do. Thx
I believe they may subcontract the work out to a repair service in your local area. But my understanding is they do a lot of work for LG so it could be specifically for LG. However they sure are busy because both times it took over 2 weeks to get a service appointment.

He ordered the compressor and parts needed while he was here the first time and they have been delivered here, which he said they would be. So we’re just waiting now on them to come back Tuesday to install everything.

Best of luck with your situation! It’s certainly not fun to have to resort to a small refrigerator while waiting on repairs but thankfully our daughter had an extra one in their garage we’re using temporarily.

Again, good luck! I’ll keep you updated on ours after repaired.

mof3wah

Premium Member
Finally, after 5 to 6 weeks, our refrigerator should be fixed. The repairman was here today and replaced the compressor, the board, and filled it back up with Freon. He said it should be cool enough to use after 24 hours. I'm just so thankful I had the extended warranty on it!!

Thanks for all your help and suggestions!!

home4sale2

Premium Member
Great to hear. LG decided to fix our refrigerator too as a goodwill measure. Replaced compressor and condenser, refill, it's working like a charm at the moment. I had tested the board already and it appeared to be fine and only required a firmware update for the new compressor. per the tech, they see more compressor failures than the board. Took 24-48 hours to normalize and now it's holding temps like it should. Now, fingers crossed.