• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LG Refrigerator LFXS32726 - Error Code E rF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Kayser

Premium Member
Model Number
LFXS32726
Brand
LG
There has been an intermittent sound similar to a fan rubbing on a housing for a few months. Now I have an E rF message displayed on the door, the water and ice dispensers do not work, and the refrigerator section is not as cool as it used to be. The freezer section is still cold. I suspect that the refrigerator evaporator fan has failed. Please advise where this fan motor is located and the part number for a replacement fan motor.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Fred,

Please recheck your model number, nothing is pulling up for that one.

Here's the closest I get:

Model #LFXS30726B
Model #LFXS30726W
Model #LFXS30726S/00

Are you sure that error code is E rF? And not Er rF?

Click here: Appliance Parts at RepairClinic. 125 Brands. 365 Day Returns.

Then you will see a link that says: What is a model number, and where do I find it?.

Jake

Fred Kayser

Premium Member
Lfxs32726s/00

Jake -
The displayed message is E and rF on the dispenser door. Cycling the power to the refrigerator causes the display to return to normal for a short time and then the same message is displayed.

The full model number for the LG refrigerator is LFXS32726/00. It is a 32 cu.ft. refrigerator.

I found a service manual for the LFXS30726 (I am not sure whether it included the /00 suffix) and determined that it is uses the same control board (EBR78940602).

It indicates that I should have 8-12V between pins 3 and 5 (I measured 15V) and not 0V nor 5V between pins 1 and 5 (I measured 5V). Due to measuring the 5V, the comment was to replace the refrigerator fan motor.

I found 2 fan motors behind the rear panel of the freezer compartment but both appeared to be rotating freely and quietly. I suspect that the refrigerator fan motor is accessed from the refrigerator compartment somehow.

I pushed the button on the control board in an attempt to turn on the fans but the fans did not appear to turn on, when checking for airflow in the refrigerator and freezer. The display continued to show the E rF message.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Fred

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Fred, because I find nothing for model LFXS32726/00.

So your saying the part number on your control board is EBR78940602?

What is the part number on your refrigerator fan motor?

This one below? Because I got this part number from model number LFXS30726. If so order the refrigerator fan motor below.

LG EAU61505013 Motor

Jake

Last edited:

Fred Kayser

Premium Member
Jake -
I entered the wrong part number for the board in a previous blog. The actual part number is EBR789046.
I ordered and installed the refrigerator fan motor that you suggested. The refrigerator is now working perfectly. The original fan motor was noisy when turning the shaft by hand. The test values at CON 6 pins 1 to 5 is now 2.6VDC and between pins 3 to 5 is now 10VDC. The refrigerator fan was accessed by removing the interior back panel in the refrigerator compartment.
Thanks for your assistance.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No Fred, I corrected it for you, sorry, I forgot to put that in the edit reason.

Part Number EBR789046 comes up with nothing. EBR78940602 is the correct control board part number. You just left of the 02 at the end.:)

Glad to hear the new fan motor fixed it for you.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Jfleshman

Premium Member
My husband and I are having the same issue with our one year old LG refrigerator and it is the same model number. We replaced the two motors in the freezer compartment and that clearly was not the issue. How do I remove the inside panel on the refrigerator portion of the unit? The freezer portion was fairly easy but I can not find an access point inside the fridge.
JACKIE

Fred Kayser

Premium Member
Hi, Jackie
Here is some information regarding how to gain access to the refrigerator section evaporator motor:
- remove all shelves and drawers from the refrigerator section.
- remove the shelf support bracket at the center of the rear wall inside the refrigerator section. There is a white plastic cover at the top and bottom of this shelf support bracket. Simply pry the two covers off and two screw heads will be visible. Remove the two screws and the bracket will come out.
- the panel on the rear wall may be removed by pushing down on the top of the panel hard enough to be able to pry the top of the panel out toward the front of the refrigerator. Note that there are tabs on the bottom of this panel that help to locate the panel during reinstallation.
- the refrigerator section evaporative fan motor should now be visible. Replacement of the fan motor assembly is fairly straightforward.
- reverse the disassembly process in order to put everything back together.
Fred

Jfleshman

Premium Member
Fred the lifesaver!

There has been an intermittent sound similar to a fan rubbing on a housing for a few months. Now I have an E rF message displayed on the door, the water and ice dispensers do not work, and the refrigerator section is not as cool as it used to be. The freezer section is still cold. I suspect that the refrigerator evaporator fan has failed. Please advise where this fan motor is located and the part number for a replacement fan motor.
You are a lifesaver! Thanks a bunch! Took out the old fan, ordered a new one. Hopefully this is the fix.

Jackie

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi all,

Thanks Fred for helping Jackie!

Rick posted some photos here too: LG LFXS32726 error code E rf in case others what to put Fred instructions to Rick's photos.

Jake

Sharonannec

Premium Member
So bases on info found in this blog we took apart the refrigerator section to get to the motor. Once we had all shelves out we could see ice build up and once we got the beach off could see also all built up at the motor. Cleaned all that up and running for now but still have a couple questions. What causes this to build up so? Any ways to prevent this from happening? Didn’t see insulation around this that could be cut away as in the freezer fan. Would also like the fan model number in the event we may need that eventually esp. if this recurs. Thank you for your kind consideration.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Sharon,

Glad to hear your refrigerator evaporator fan is now working.

For that frost/ice buildup on your refrigerator evaporator, You may want to Ohm test your defrost sensor controller. You will need a multimeter to ohm test it.

Here's how: Remove the defrost sensor controller from the evaporator. Put the sensor inside a small glass and fill it with crushed ice, then just enough water to cover it. LG sensors have a slow response time so leave it in the ice water for five minutes then measure its resistance. At 32*F the sensor should be at 30K ohms, +/- 5%.

Here's the defrost sensor controller for your model you can order if yours tests bad:
6615JB2005R Controller Assembly

Jake

Sharonannec

Premium Member
Jake,

Thank you for the tip. Sadly, the repair only lasted a week and the dreaded E rF error has returned. We will do the Ohm test, but do you also know the part number for the refrigerator fan assembly? Unlike before, where we heard some scraping of the fan blades prior to its taking the final breath this time not so. Just stopped. We may just go ahead and purchase a new refrigerator keeping this as a spare (though I don't know why I would want to do that to myself!). Thanks in advance for the response.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

This is your refrigerator evaporator fan motor assembly for your model:
LG EAU61505013 Motor

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.