• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Refrigerator LMX21894ST No water to ice maker - AEQ36756912

B0whel01

Premium Member
Model Number
LMX21894ST
Brand
LG
Details
LG refrigerator - LMX21894ST
Ice maker - AEQ36756912

Hi I have a dry ice maker meaning problem is not with ice maker as it needs water to form ice.

I have replaced the dispenser/ice solenoid that opens up to allow water to ice maker. I have reset ice maker and shut off power for an additional reset. No luck.

I'm at the point where I m thinking I need to investigate the circuit / source of power to ice maker.

DOES the control panel control the power to the ice maker? If so does anyone have resources to help? Like a circuit diagram, video on how to access control panel or any circuit diagrams?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
LMX21894ST did not pull up as good, this one did--->LMX21984ST

I couldn't locate the tech data sheet or service manual for this model, hopefully another tech has it and can share it with us.

If you fill the ice maker tray manually, does it dump the ice within 2 hours?

Also make sure its always below 10 F. degrees in the ice maker compartment or the ice maker won't cycle the water in and the the cubes out properly. I always take its temperature first before I do anything else. You can get a freezer thermometer, the RED-LIQUID style and Digital style are best to use. Most stores have them for under $10.00.

Here's the OEM ice maker for your model you can order:
AEQ36756912 Ice Maker Assembly,kit

Jake

B0whel01

Premium Member
Yes it is LMX21984ST .... sorry for the confusion.

I switched the water lines for the dispenser / ice routings in the door and it got water up to ice maker and the ice maker harvested the cubes into the bucket.

I can look into thermometer for frozen compartment of ice maker.

If anyone have a wiring schematic or can just tell me which wire to check for resistance ... please let me know.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.