• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Refrigerator LMX21981ST/05 front control panel, ice and water dispense not working

fix.wish

Premium Member
Model Number
LMX21981ST/05
Brand
LG
Hello - My fridge (LMX21981ST/05) front control panel stopped working. The display panel is blank and all buttons are unresponsive. The only indication of power is the lights by each function button. I found the fridge in this state after being away for the weekend and noted that we lost power while away. My assumption is that power loss may have fried the control board, but I did not find any visible char marks on the control boards that are part of the display panel assembly (p/n: ACQ36821618). In my search for a replacement display panel assembly, I learned that LG no longer manufactures this part and all suppliers I’ve found show the part as “no longer available”.

Any suggestions for where I can source a replacement display panel assembly (p/n: ACQ36821618)?

Any suggestions on how I can fix the existing parts?

Anyone have a schematic available for this fridge and display panel, to help me troubleshoot the problem?

Ive attached a pic containing the serial number for the fridge in case it helps.

Attachments

• A3DED109-2746-4A54-B839-08083409A76C.jpeg
    A3DED109-2746-4A54-B839-08083409A76C.jpeg
    281.5 KB · Views: 52

fix.wish

Premium Member
Update: the front panel started working on its own for one day. This makes me believe that it is not the e-board and likely the wiring bringing power to parts of the board. I inspected the wiring going into the door hinge but nothing is visibly damaged.
Any pointers as to how I can get my hands on the schematics for the wiring?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I haven't been able to locate the schematic for this model, hopefully another tech. or member can provide you with that.

Jake