• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Refrigerator LMX25981ST ice maker not working

Wozzy

Premium Member
Model Number
LMX25981ST
Brand
LG
Hello all, new to the group,

My Lg fridge ice maker is giving me issues, I replaced the water inlet valve and water filter and the ice make is making about a dozen cubes a day, any ideas on what direction I should go from here,

Thanks in advance
Mark

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
This is one of the models listed in the class action suit for faulty ice makers:
lg-ice-maker-assembly-aeq36756901-ap4442284_01_l.jpg

Wozzy

Premium Member
Hello again, I have now replaced the water filter the water inlet valve(the one at the bottom rear of the fridge) and the ice maker itself and the fridge is still not making ice, the water dispenser is working fine, any ideas on what I should try next,

Thanks everybody,

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick should be here soon. Did the ice maker fill up with water at least? But it won't dump the ice? What's the temperature in the ice maker compartment?

If the ice maker tray is dry--->Pour a cup of water into the ice maker tray and see if the freezes into ice and then see if the ice maker dumps that ice.

Jake

Last edited:

Wozzy

Premium Member
I got the ice maker and inlet valve from an appliance parts store here in Milwaukee, I have been buying parts from them for 40 years,

I will try pouring water in there and see if it freezes and dumps the ice,

I think it will, the ice maker dumped 6 cubes in the past 24 hours

Wozzy

Premium Member
I don’t think it’s getting water, I can hear it trying to draw water, but it doesn’t fill, maybe a clogged line or the inlet valve that is in the ice maker door, not sure, anybody have any thoughts,

thanks for the help

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did it dump the ice in the ice maker from the water you put in it?

If so, then yes, its likely a clog in the water line going to the ice maker.

Here's the parts diagram for your model:
#616G is the ice maker water line, there is a video when you click that part link to show you how to remove and replace it to see if its clogged.

Jake

Wozzy

Premium Member
Good Saturday all,

I have now replaced the ice maker, both water inlet valves, the water filter and checked the line from the inlet valve in the ice maker door to the ice maker and it is open, not sure what to try next, the water dispenser is working, the ice maker drops ice if I fill the tray manually, it’s just not getting water for what reason I am not sure,

Any suggestions on what to try next would be greatly appreciated,

Enjoy the holiday weekend

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It has to be a faulty ice maker, that's all it can be. Go back to the appliance parts store with that ice maker and tell them its defective and they will give you another new one. New Defective parts can happen anywhere you buy them.

Rick do you agree?

Also, because in your first post you mentioned it making a dozen cubes per day, and now this new ice maker doesn't even do that, you see what I mean?

Jake

Last edited:

Wozzy

Premium Member
Thanks,

I am sorry for the miscommunication, but the new ice maker is making ice but at the same rate as the old one, I checked the bucket today for the first time in a week and there was about a dozen cubes in there, so it’s getting water but at a very very slow rate,

not sure on what I should next, sorry to be a pain

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
but the new ice maker is making ice but at the same rate as the old one,
The amount of water is adjusted by pressing the Fill Key repeatedly. This changes the time allowed for fill as illustrated in the table below.
Snapshot_10.jpg