• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Refrigerator LMX25988ST not cooling

nats1956

Premium Member
Model Number
LMX25988ST
Brand
LG
My LG LMX25988ST has stop cooling only goes down to about 53 degrees. I've checked the compressor and the readings are within tolerances and check out to be fine and is running. All of the fans are working . No LED errors from the pcb(only just a single blick on start up). I get the error 22 when I run the second test from the pcb. There is just a single clicking noise on start up. Coils are clean.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

If the compressor is running and there is no frost on the evaporator coils there's a sealed system problem.

The sealed system consists of the compressor, condenser, evaporator, heat exchanger, filter/drier and refrigerant. Common problems with a sealed system are bad compressors, refrigerant leaks, and system restrictions.

Sealed system repair costs will often exceed the machines value.

Jake

nats1956

Premium Member
I checked out the compressor continuity and it is good on the one leg and is not grounded on all three legs. I checked both of the caps and they are fine. Could it be the small pcb that is defective? Since this model doesn't have a start relay that attaches to the compressor and I'm unable to locate one.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If the compressor is running and there is no frost on the evaporator coils there's a sealed system problem.