• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Refrigerator LMXS28626S Defrost System Replacement

garthvader

Premium Member
Model Number
LMXS28626S
Brand
LG
Hi there. I am looking for some help/info regarding my LMXS28626S. It recently (past week or so) has been raising the "dH f" error. I was hoping it was simple fix like I have seen for other LG products with this error. Today I had time to move everything to backup freezer and open her up. It was frozen solid as suspected.

Using my ohmmeter it appears the pair of large defrost system wires is reading open. I am assuming that goes through the fuse and heating element. So thats probably bad.

My main problem right now is that it appears the defrost element is also integrated into the evaporator. At least, it is plumbed through the end shrouds, and the whole thing looks very fragile..

1) Has anyone here replaced one of these? Was there are service document or certain way to do it? Right now it looks like I'd need to cut the metal ends... :(.

2) Would it make more sense to try and splice in a new fuse and thermistor instead of replacing whole system? I really dont care about the extra 20-40$ for the part, but right now it looks to me like the defrost element itself might not be easily replaced...

3) Is there anyone with a firm idea of the part number(s) I should be looking for?

Thanks for reading my post.

1631371105684.png

1631371079181.png

1631371021678.png

Last edited:

garthvader

Premium Member
I have ordered a replacement part MEE63545701. Seems most people are snipping the shrouds, so I guess that's the plan for now...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member