• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LG Refrigerator LMXS30746S annoying freezer drawer fix

K_Mann

Premium Member
Model Number
LMXS30746S
Brand
LG
This also pertains to the LMXS30776S and probably other LGs.

For two years I’ve dealt with the middle freezer drawer jumping its tracks and dislodging from the RH side ball bearing slide. If there’s resistance in the slide due to frost buildup, pulling out the drawer would end up with it half hanging into the main freezer drawer.
I’ve tried silicone spray to reduce sticking, better aligning (read, bending) the slide, etc. to no avail.

It happens on only the RH side.

Today I was FED UP putting it back into place and took to this fix that has completely solved the problem. Which the cause is the crappy, weak, plastic mating tabs that are SUPPOSED to hold the drawer onto the plastic carriers holding the metal slides. Cheap, cheap, cheap.

To fix this, use two #10 x 1-1/2” machine screws and nylock nuts. About 4” from the end of the plastic carrier that the metal slide is screwed to (~6” from the outside clear face of the drawer itself) drill a straight, level hole thru the plastic carrier and continue thru the side of the drawer pan. That is, above the metal slide, centered between the plastic lip and slide. Where it doesn’t interfere with the slide. I did both RH & LH sides for good measure.

191367B0-4B5E-40CB-85A0-0E158E096A06.jpeg
For appearance put the nylock nut outboard

And the Phillips head inboard
B13FAC8C-AD5E-4F5C-9DEE-7A5599C3A8B2.jpeg

Voila’. No more acrobatic exercises attempting to fit that drawer back on its tracks.

1-1/2” isn’t enough to fit flat washers on there but I don’t think they’re needed. The machine screws are snugged enough to catch the nylocks but merely hold the drawer pan in position and not support weight.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks for letting everyone that has this problem how you fixed yours.(y)

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.