• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LG Refrigerator LMXS30776D/00 Water dispenser not working

Aworkman

Premium Member
Model Number
LMXS30776D/00
Brand
LG
Water dispenser hums but nothing will come out. Have tried changing both water valves, dispenser switch and filter. Water still goes to ice maker and ice dispenses. Have blown all lines out. Totally do not know what else to try.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Aworkman

Premium Member
We found the problem last night. Wire from top of door to water control board at top didn’t have continuity. We were able to fix it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

The Sower

Premium Member
Water dispenser hums but nothing will come out. Have tried changing both water valves, dispenser switch and filter. Water still goes to ice maker and ice dispenses. Have blown all lines out. Totally do not know what else to try.

We found the problem last night. Wire from top of door to water control board at top didn’t have continuity. We were able to fix it.
So, I have narrowed my problem down to the inside wiring harness of the right door. My question is how does one access the wiring inside the door? The water/ice won't dispense because the circuit tells it the door is open. Placing a separate magnet above to trick it into thinking the door is closed, the inside light goes out and I can dispense water but moving the wiring while doing so at certain points stop the flow (inside light stays off)

Aworkman

Premium Member
So, I have narrowed my problem down to the inside wiring harness of the right door. My question is how does one access the wiring inside the door? The water/ice won't dispense because the circuit tells it the door is open. Placing a separate magnet above to trick it into thinking the door is closed, the inside light goes out and I can dispense water but moving the wiring while doing so at certain points stop the flow (inside light stays off)
We actually cut the wiring at the top of door and at the water dispenser board in top the fridge and spliced a new wire in. It sits on top the door so leave it longer than you need to open to the door properly. Ugly but it works.

The Sower

Premium Member
I'll never buy LG again and that's for sure! My appliance repairman who's been in the business over 40 years won't touch them due to all the inherent problems and wrong parts sent etc. I guess I'll just take it out and shoot it. Expensive lesson learned! Thanks!!!